|News: 25 October 2007
KALANISI MOVES TO BOARDSMILL STUD
Kalanisi, the multiple Group 1 winning sire is transferring to
Boardsmill Stud from H.H.Aga Khans Gilltown Stud in a deal
brokered by Bloodstock Agent Edward Daly.
Kalanisi has made a very successful start to his stud career both
on the flat and over jumps and should prove to be a very popular
dual purpose sire with breeders in 2008. With his first crop just
4 year olds, he is already a proven stakes producing sire on the
flat (Hasanka, Sindirana, Kilworth etc.) and has also produced the
Champion Juvenile Hurdler Katchit in 2007.
Coincidentally, it was this very week in 2000 when Kalanisi was
crowned older horse of the year by following up his Group 1 Champion
Stakes win at Newmarket with a superb victory in the Group 1 Breeders
Cup Turf at Churchill Downs. Amongst the 8 Group 1 winners he defeated
that day was the brilliant Montjeu.
Commenting on the move, Boardsmill Stud owner William Flood said:
I am thrilled to have acquired Kalanisi ahead of the 2008
stud season. He is obviously a very fertile and dominant sire who
proved his toughness and soundness on the racecourse at Group 1
level from 7 furlongs to 1 ½ miles. Most importantly he is
passing on his toughness and soundness to his produce. He reminds
me very much of a previous Boardsmill Sire- the classic winner Furry
Glen who we acquired at a similar stage of his career.
There is a lot to look forward to on the racecourse over the next
12 months with H.H.Aga Khans progressive stakes winning filly
Hasanka staying in training and Katchit amongst the leading contenders
for the Champion Hurdle. H.H. Aga Khan also has 10 yearlings by
Kalanisi who will go into training in 2008.
Kalanisis fee has been set at €6,000 N.F.N.F. October
1st terms for approved mares.
For further information please contact:
William Flood, Boardsmill Stud - 00 353 46 9431305
Or see www.boardsmillstud.com
Kalanisi - The Ultimate Dual Purpose Sire - New
to Boardsmill Stud for 2008
Champion Older Horse of 2000, Kalanisi will stand at Boardsmill
Stud from 2008. The Cartier and Eclipse Award winner transfers from
H.H.Aga Khans Gilltown Stud where he previously stood.
Kalanisi- On the racetrack
- Winner of Gr 1 Champion Stakes and Gr 1 Breeders Cup Turf defeating
7 and 8 Group 1 winners respectively.
Progeny on the racetrack
- Proven stakes producing sire on the Flat from his 1st 3 crops
- Sire of Stakes winners HASANKA and SINDIRANA.
- Sire of 35 winners of 75 races (up to October 20th 2007)
- Sire of CHAMPION Juvenile Hurdler of 2007 KATCHIT from his 1st
Progeny in the sales ring
- Horses in training have realised £305kstg, £105kstg,
- Yearlings have realised up to £90kstg
- Foal have realised up to £75kstg
- From the MILL REEF sire line- responsible for Grade 1 winners
- NICANOR, EBAZIYAN, BARTON, ROYAL ROSA.
What they said about KALANISI:
- SIR MICHAEL STOUTE: Kalanisi has a great temperament
of the best horses in the world
a thoroughly admirable horse.
- JOHNNY MURTAGH: A great battler
on the two occasions
that I rode Kalanisi, winning the Champion Stakes and the Breeders
Cup Turf, he was a serious racehorse with tremendous acceleration.
What they are saying about Kalanisis offspring:
- NICK MORDIN, THE IRISH FIELD: You will not see many better
fillies over a mile and a half than Hasanka. I rate her just as
fast as Kastoria was at 3 and that filly went on to win the Group
1 Irish Field St Leger.
- ALAN KING: If only all horses were as tough as Katchit,
he has loved jumping from day one.
- ROBERT THORNTON: Obviously Katchit has ability, but a
lot of it has to do with attitude, he just loves the game
its as simple as that.
Click here to view all News articles